Christopher S. Caplinger
E-Mail | Twitter | Github | Stack Overflow | LinkedIn
I'm an NYC-based full-stack web developer focused on building innovative web applications with the best tool(s) available for the job. I'm interested in open source software and making the web a better place for all.
MongoDB, Lead Software Engineer, Stitch TeamJuly 2017 - Present
, Senior Software EngineerNovember 2016 - July 2017 http://www.wsj.com/articles/tech-advisers-to-real-estate-industry-to-join-forces-1480431601
Ruby on Rails + Angular.JS development for the leading leasing and asset management platform.
- Tech Lead, Migration Squad - Technical leadership and guidance of the team responsible for building a large-scale data-migration tool to move customer data from Hightower to VTS.
Hightower, Senior Software EngineerJune 2016 - November 2016
Ruby on Rails + Angular.JS development, building powerful, intuitive leasing and asset management tools for landlords and real estate brokers all over the world.
Freelance, Senior Software EngineerFebruary 2016 - Present
Web development and consulting services for NYC-based clients, including:
- Ruby on Rails + React Development for Authorea, a startup building a Git-backed academic research-focused rich-text/markdown/LaTeX document editor, i.e. a "Github for Research Papers"
- Server-rendered React + Node.js Development for Knowsy, a video content startup focused on short, "snackable" How-To videos on just about anything
Neosavvy, Software Developer August 2013 - February 2016
Web application development and consulting for companies great and small in the New York City area and beyond, including:
- Bloomberg, LP
- Karmic Labs - Dash (https://karmiclabs.com/)
- Honest Buildings (https://www.honestbuildings.com/)
- Morgan Stanley
- Memmee (http://www.memmee.com)
Rova, Software Developer January 2012 - August 2013
Quixotic Systems, Solar Engineer November 2010 - December 2011
Solar Engineer for a Photovoltaic and Solar Thermal design and installation firm. Engineering, design, cost & rate-of-return analysis, and maintenance for various solar installations throughout the New York City area.
Energy Investment Systems, Engineer July 2009 - November 2010
Engineer & Analyst for a sustainable energy consulting firm. Conducted energy audits of residential buildings in NYC. Performed energy and cost savings analysis of efficiency measures. On-site coordination of project implementation and construction.
|Ruby||Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, RSpec|
|Git||Git-fluent, in-depth experience with branching, forking, pull requests, rebasing (safely) and squashing commits|
|HTML/CSS||HTML5 (including canvas, svg), LESS, SASS|
|Operating Systems & Tools||OS X, Linux, bash, Tmux|
|Editor||Vim cap-vim||Vim (https://github.com/UnicodeSnowman/cap-vim)|
|Additional Experience & Interests||Clojure(script), Rust|
Boston University May 2009
College of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
Open Source Contributions / Organizations
- Music (Playing/performing guitar and drums, live music, avid listener)
- Electronics, Building Guitar Effects Pedals